Why Is It Called “Classic”?
Outward Bound programmes are designed to counter the six diseases that surrounds the youths.
1. Decline of fitness due to modern locomotion
2. Decline of initiative and enterprise
3. Decline of memory and imagination
4. Decline of skills and care
5. Decline of self-discipline
6. Decline of compassion
To cure this modern disease, Outward Bound applied Self-discipline, Physical fitness, Craftsmanship, and Compassion in all our courses. Outward Bound Malaysia has run more than 500 Classic courses and will continue this tradition.
Outward Bound promotes fruitful and enjoyable experiences to their participants but the most important thing; the participants learn from the experience. Most of our participants show these results:
• Demonstrating increased self-awareness and self-confidence while demonstrating understanding and compassion toward others.
• Demonstrating the ability to set goals, inspire and guide others to achieve them; the ability to collaborate, communicate, solve problems and resolve conflicts effectively.
• Demonstrating social and environmental responsibility and a desire to actively engage in service to others.
NO. OF DAYS
RM4,500.00 per participant
Adults – (≥18 years)
The 25-day Outward Bound Programme, comprising 360 hours of activities, will challenge participants mentally, physically and socially. By completing the activities, participants will emerge not only physically and mentally stronger, but with a better understanding of their own potential and capabilities. Participants learn how to work as a team and become a leader. Successful completion of the programme requires trust, fitness, confidence, resilience, leadership, initiative and compassion.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
TRANSFERABLE SKILLS / VALUES
(SKILLS LEARNED IN COURSE WHICH CAN BE USEFUL AND UTILISED IN OTHER SETTINGS)
Safety is paramount in Outward Bound Malaysia. We form and follow part of a worldwide benchmarking process with Outward Bound International since our inception in 1954. Outward Bound International has 40 centres in 35 countries worldwide. Our Programmes, Safety and Risk Management procedures are audited every 2 years by Outward Bound International Safety & Programme Reviewers to ensure consistency and quality that adheres to Outward Bound International requirements. This confirms our commitment to provide a safe but challenging experience using the outdoors as a classroom and as a learning tool.